Baggage Storage Service
- Participant who requires baggage storage service should complete the storage procedures before beginning the timing race.
- Participant must use the Luggage Card in the Participant’s Pack. No additional Luggage Card will be provided.
- Each participant could store ONE BAGGAGE ONLY (bag/ stroller/ small luggage in maximum dimensions of 48cm x 34cm x 23cm and maximum weight of 4kg.)
- By using the Baggage Storage Service provided by the Organiser, the service user hereby agree to the terms and conditions stated below:
- The Baggage Storage Service is available from 8:45 am to 1:00 pm. (If baggage is not claimed before 1:00 pm, the Organiser would charge HK$200 per hour as storage fee. All fees collected will be donated to The Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs Association of Hong Kong.
- Please fill in the contact information on the Luggage Card before storage.
- The storage must NOT contain any flammable, explosive, perishable, fragile, radioactive and dangerous items or other items prohibited by the Organiser. The service user assumes all risks of loss or damage of valuable items and documents stored with the Organizer.
- The Luggage Claim Card is the only valid verification of identity. The Organiser will release the storage to any person presenting the Luggage Claim Card at the Baggage Storage Service Counter (Court 360). The Organiser will NOT be responsible for the loss or damage of items if the Luggage Claim Card is lost.
- The Organiser will NOT be responsible for the losses and damages caused by flood, fire or any other unforeseeable reasons..
- Please return any lost Luggage Claim Card to the Baggage Storage Service at Court 360.
- To support environmental friendly initiative, the Organiser will not provide disposable water cup. Participants should bring along your own bottle to refill water at the water stations. Three water stations will be set up respectively at the start point (start timing) and end point – Ngong Ping Village and CP6.
- The registration deadline is 31 December 2018 (Monday). Late registration will not be accepted.
- Ensure the information submitted in the Registration Form is true and accurate.
- No registration fee is charged, but participants are required to raise a Minimum Donation Amount.
- Once the registration is confirmed, if the participants decide to withdraw from the Event, donation proceeds will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- If the participants cannot submit the Minimum Donation Amount and/ or the Parents/ Guardians Consent Form (if applicable) on or before specified deadline, the Organiser will reserve the rights to disqualify the participants
- Only online registration is accepted (except BGCA internal registration).
- Online payment by credit card and bank transfer are accepted for donation.
- For applicants who choose to pay via bank transfer, a “Application Confirmation and Payment Notice” will be sent to the registered email address of the applicants. Please follow the instructions in the email to donate and submit bank-in slip. Once the donation is confirmed, the Organiser will send another confirmation email within 3 working days.
- Any teams fail to submit Minimum Donation Amount and bank-in slip before deadline will be disqualified without any prior notice.
- For Family Teams, participants must be aged 3 or above (on or before 13 January 2019).
- For Open Teams, participants must be aged 16 or above (on or before 13 January 2019).
- All participants under 18-year-old must submit a completed Parents/ Guardians Consent Form on or before 5 January 2019.
- The age limit of participant is 60 years old (on or before 13 January 2019).
Rules & Regulations
- The participant should declare he/she is physically fit and capable of participating in the Event, and no medical practitioner has raised objections.
- To minimise disruption to other roads’ and facilities’ users, the time limit for both 4km Family Team & 6km Open Team races will be ended at 12:30 pm. If participants are unable to complete the Challenge within the time limit, event staff will guide the participants to return to the assembly venue.
- The arrival time of the last teammate will be regarded as the completion time for the team.
- Under the actual traffic condition or emergency, the Organiser may alter the event route before or during the competition without any prior notice.
- The Organiser reserves the rights to disqualify any teams from participating in the Event due to safety reasons.
- The participant should authorize the Organiser, its Agents and Venue Agency to photograph participant during the Event, and use any photographs, videos or any other records of the Event for any legal uses, including commercial advertising, without making any payment or compensation to the participant
- The participant shall abide by all relevant rules and regulations and other ad hoc arrangements/ decisions prescribed by the Event Organiser, Beneficiary Organisation and Venue Agency.
- Public liability insurance is covered by the Organiser.
- The participant should be acknowledged that he/she bears his/her own risk when taking part in the Event. And the participant should understand that the Organiser, Beneficiary Organisation, Venue Agency, Sponsors and Supporting Organisations are not responsible for any accidents of whatever kind, resulting in death or injury (other than personal injury or death resulting from the negligence of the Organiser, its agents and representatives, the Venue Agency and other Sponsors or Supporting Organisations), or for any damages to or losses of personal properties during the Event.
Extreme Weather Arrangements
- If Typhoon Signal No. 8 or above is hoisted on or after 12:00 nn the day before the event day, the Event will be cancelled.
- If Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted on or after 12:00 am on the event day, the Event will be cancelled.
- If Red Rainstorm Signal, Thunderstorm Warning or Typhoon Signal No. 3 is issued on or after 6:00 am on the event day, the Event will be cancelled.
- Should the above Inclement Weather/ Condition Warnings be raised after the commencement of the competition, the Organiser reserves the right to alter the race arrangements or to cancel the Event immediately.
- If the Event is cancelled due to the above-mentioned Inclement Weather/ Condition Warnings, the Event will not be re-scheduled and donation proceeds will not be refunded.
- Please check weather forecast from the Hong Kong Observatory before going to the event venue. (Hong Kong Observatory phone no.: 1878200)
- The Organiser reserves the right to amend or clarify the above arrangements without prior notice.
Personal Data (Privacy) Policy
- The participant should understand that the collection, use, and access to personal data protection policies and practices of the Event are in accordance with "Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance" - the provisions of Chapter 486 ("Ordinance").
- Personal information of the participant, his/her family and contact person given to the Organiser during registration of the event will be used for identity verification; ensuring that the participant understand the content, terms and regulations of the Event; informing the arrangements of the Event and other related activities; and promoting other activities held by the Organiser.
- If the participant fails to provide the personal information as requested, the Organiser will reserve the rights to disqualify the participant from attending the Event without dissentient.
- Participants’ personal information will be kept for a reasonable period for the need of the activity.
- For any change of personal data, please contact the Organiser by email at BCCC@bgca.org.hk.
- If the Event has to be cancelled due to extreme weather, emergency situation, or other unforeseeable circumstances, the Organiser will try to make decision one day before the event day and publish the latest news on the Event website. If the Event is cancelled, every registered participant can go to Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal from 14 January to 16 April 2019 (Chines New Year Holiday from 5 to 7 February 2019 excluded) to redeem a free-of-charge round trip cable car ticket (Standard Cabin). For identity verification, participants have to present the email of “Admission letter for successful payment and confirmation of event eligibility” with their Identity Card/ Passport for the redemption.
- If any circumstances beyond the control of the Organiser or in the case of a force majeure clause resulting in the Event being cancelled, donation proceeds will not be refunded. The Organiser shall have no other responsibilities and/or liabilities, and the Event will not be reorganised.
Terms & Conditions
- Guests shall pay attention to the operating hours and scheduled maintenance days of Ngong Ping Cable Car.
- Ngong Ping 360 Limited reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- In case of any disputes, Ngong Ping 360 Limited has the right to make final decision (includes but not limited to suspend, alter and terminate the terms and conditions).
The Organiser reserves the right to revise all the above terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. In case of any disputes, the Organiser has the right to make final decision.